EuroEspes Medical Center launches the PROFE PLAN for the prevention and treatment of school failure in Spain.
One of the many problems which afflict education in our country is the lack of specific programs to aid educators and parents to identify early on the performance deficit at school which later results in school failure, a lack of personal fulfillment and social and family conflicts.
The increasing demand for medical and psychological help from various schools in our country has prompted the professionals at EuroEspes Medical Center to design an action plan for the early identification of school failure, its prevention in groups at risk, and an operative therapeutic plan coordinated with educators and parents in order to optimize the performance of children of school age.
This plan is extended to teenagers and youths with learning difficulties, attention deficit or psychological, neurological or psychiatric problems which encumber their academic performance at high school or in higher education.
Early identification and prevention of the risk of school failure
Etiopathogenic and symptomatic treatment
Cognitive intervention to stimulate areas of learning deficit
Enhancement of intellectual development
Clinical and medical supervision
Promotion of personal independence
Guidance for parents and educators
Organization and execution of individualized programs
The main causes of school failure are:
- Organic factors (5-15%) (minimal brain injuries, deficit in brain development, epilepsy, brain tumors, subarachnoid cysts, mental retardation, genetic diseases, metabolic disorders, inborn errors of metabolism, endocrinopathies, etc.)
Endogenous and exogenous psychological factors (15-30%);
- Family factors (10-20%);
- Social-environmental factors (30-40%)
This plurality of factors which are potentially responsible for school failure requires the execution of a medical, neurological, psychiatric and psychological diagnosis prior to the establishment of a therapeutic intervention plan.
The diagnostic protocol of the PROFE Plan includes the following sections:
A neurological, psychiatric and general medical examination.
- A neuropsychological, psychometric, psychopedagogical and psycholinguistic examination
- Blood and urine laboratory tests
- A study by radiology and by static (TAC/ Brain Scanner) and dynamic (SPECT) neuroimaging
- An electrophysiological study (electro-encephalogram, brain mapping, evoked potentials)
- A hemodynamic brain study (transcranial ultrasonography)
- A metabolic and endocrine study
- A genetic study
The PROFE Plan medical treatment for those children in whom organic pathologies are detected includes the following therapeutic intervention formulae:
Pharmacological treatment to stimulate the process of brain development
Neuroprotective pharmacological treatment
- Nutritional treatment
- Neuro-rehabilitation treatment
- Physiotherapeutic treatment
The PROFE Plan formula include:
- Cognitive intervention
- Individual therapy
- Group therapy
The different areas include:
- Special educational needs
- Attention problems
- Concentration problems
- Memory problems
- Learning problems
- General academic backwardness
- Selective academic backwardness
- Backwardness and language problems
- Mental retardation
- Inborn errors of the metabolism
- Neurological disorders
- Cerebral paralysis
- Laryngeal paralysis
- Swallowing disorders
- Cranio-encephalic traumatisms
- Genetic defects
EuroEspes Medical Center places the PROFE Plan at the disposal of the autonomic and national educational communities, both public and private, and of those families in which the parents are interested in assessing their children’s capacity of academic performance, whether they are at risk of exposure to situations of school failure or not.
More information: email@example.com